Namaste and welcome to this peaceful calm practice of Hatha Yoga, welcome.
This practice links directly into Patanjali’s yoga sutra 1.2 “Citta Vritti Nirodah” which translates to “stilling the cessations of the mind”. This is said to be the purpose of yoga – to still the constant chatter of the mind (oh if only I hear you say :))
It’s near on impossible to get this mind-calm given the way of life for us all in modern day living…
– the constant stream of media around us
– mobile phones
– social media
– the fast pace of life, it’s a very here and now mentality
I could go on but you get the picture, we’re inundated!
And yet what is incredibly useful and still relevant about the Sutra and the purpose of Yoga, is that just getting a quiet mind for a little time every now and then is just wonderful.
In fact when you get it, oh what a treat it is!
Even a glimpse and you feel you’ve had a mind/body/soul holiday in the Caribbean!
Now if you are very body driven (and that’s most people so don’t worry there’s nothing wrong with it), then don’t worry – a Hatha Yoga practice of any variation will give your body a lovely holistic practice.
The whole body gets that huge drink of nourishment from head to toe.
However if you’re open to it, you can learn the tools and techniques to also build upon this incredibly useful practice of quietening your mind. Expect nothing and receive everything.
See you on the mat.
Much love, Adele x
- Estimated download time is 5mins
- Once purchased the video is yours to keep – enjoy
- Access the video through your confirmation email or within the adelesyoga website within ‘bookings’
- Leave a review on the site so that others can share in your experience of the practice – be a part of the yoga community